Monday, September 8, 2014

Design Wall Monday - Catcus Bouquet





I have all of the catcus flowers done now for my Catcus Wreath. I am really happy with how they turned out. I would love to have a bouquet of these! Now I need to start working on the log cabins.

Linking up to Design Wall Monday.



Thursday, September 4, 2014

Not Sharp to the Touch




Here are my Catcus Wreath blocks in various stages of completion. I can tell that it is a quilt I will enjoy using and cuddling under. Definitely not sharp to the touch! I am also working on binding another quilt right now, and I always have to be careful where I place the needle. My children like cuddling with me while I bind quilts and I don't want them to get pricked!

As an aside, I was on the way home after a day trip with my children the other evening and it had gotten dark. My daughter had been reading, so when it got dark she used her DS as a flashlight so she could keep reading. I was quite impressed with that.

Linking to The Needle and Thread Network.

Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Allure Continues - Catcus Wreath




I got all of the individual sections sewn together, so I decided to put together one block to try out my Catcus Wreath quilt. I really like it. It is gratifying when all of the care and attention in putting the smaller pieces together ends up with the block being the right size. I can tell it is going to be a lot of fun. I think the hardest part will be deciding which greens to put together.


Linking up To The Needle and Thread Network.

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Oh The Allure!


Oh, the allure of a new project! I think it is so enticing because you get to start fresh ; no mistakes have been made. Everything looks perfect and there is always the hope that nothing will go wrong. Normally, I start a new quilt every summer but I thought I would be able to resist this summer but I was incorrect.




I bought this fabric in June at a quilt show. I had originally intended the majority of it for a watermelon log cabin quilt but the pattern called for smaller sized strips, and I was not sure if I wanted to cut them all individually. I remembered a pattern I have had for quite a while that used the 2 1/2 strips. I have really enjoyed making the Cozy quilt patterns. I find them intricate but not too difficult to do.




 

I did have some greens in my stash but decided I wanted to add some more variety. I used a gift certificate from work to buy some more of the greens. New fabric is always part of the allure as well!









For me, one of the longest steps, but one of the most important is the cutting. Everything is ready to go! I think the hopes, and dreams of a quilter should be bottled and called Allure! It would definitely be a beautiful scent!



Friday, August 8, 2014

Plan C - "C The Tulips"


"C The Tulips"


This wall hanging is finally complete. I'm not sure if I want to say how long ago I started it, but let's say it has been a few years. It is the Plan C pattern from Carrie Nelson. Here is what I said about it when I started

"I was not happy with my original design, and so I found a different one that used smaller 4 patches. Part of my problem was that I had bought charm packs, and the edges were pinked and the squares were smaller than 5 inches, which made them too small for some of the patterns I was looking at. Finally I decided on a third pattern, ironically Plan C by Carrie Nelson from her Schnibbles Times Two book. It calls for even smaller 4 patches, so everything is much better now. The original idea was to make a lap quilt for myself, but now I like the idea much better of making it into a wall quilt." So it really is, a Plan C quilt.

I am happy that it is done, and will get to hang it up maybe in the winter time to remind me about the beautiful spring to come.

Linking to Finish it Up Friday, TGIFF and Can I Get A Whoop, Whoop!

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Measure Twice, Cut Once or Twice!




I started working on these log cabins in November, at my quilting retreat. When I got home I put away and just took it out again in July. Many of the blocks were wonky and when I took a closer look I realized that I had not cut a lot of the logs correctly. I had already made a note to myself for next time not to do a bunch of cutting at a quilting retreat and now I had proof. I had enough fabric left over that I decided to start all over. I will find a use for my other blocks; I am thinking about using them for the backing.

Linking up to Work In Progress Wednesday!