Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Spring Blooms Mini-Quilt Swap Finale




I got my mini-quilt on Friday. It is absolutely stunning. My picture does not do it justice. Kelly did such an amazing job. She is so incredibly talented. I feel like it was tailor-made for me, even though I gave her nothing to go on. I love how the flowers were done. I will need to learn the technique. Multiple layers of cut out flowers were put together and then held by a button. I love buttons!

My Spring Blossom partner Mary got her quilt on Wednesday. I am so happy she likes it. There is another sign up started for Summer. I am trying not to sign up, even though I have a few good ideas for a quilt. I would rather live vicariously through you! I have two baby quilts to finish by August, a pincushion swap, the Halloween swap and my Dad's quilt to have ready for September. I am trying to remind myself of all of this so I don't enter the swap. I would however recommend it for you. It has been a great experience. The quilts produced for the swap have been incredible. Here is the flickr group if you want to have a look at them.



4 comments:

Myra said...

What a great mini-quilt you've received!!! Awesome, and I love the quilting she did in the boarders! 8-)

Deb said...

Great mini Michelle!! it is great when there is a quilters intuition to the receiver...

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

ohhh 3d flowers... sounds like lots of fun... when you learn how to make them be sure to share!

Nanette Merrill said...

Mini quilts are so fun. I love this one.