Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bento Box





Here is the Bento Box quilt I am making for my dad. It is based on one Amanda Jean made. I have the individual squares done, now I need to sew them into blocks. Before I do, I want to show it to you. Is the colour spread out evenly? Do you see any odd blocks. I do not want to be singing the Sesame Street song again.

Diane from Sew Diva Diane has posted a great tutorial on how she folds her fabric using comic book boards. If you get a chance check it out.

9 comments:

Patricia said...

I love it! Wouldn't change a thing.
Good job, Love, Tricia

Angela Nash said...

It looks even to me! Wonderful!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

suck a nice quilt!! i made my dad a snack quilt... its pretty balanced.. my method is squinting at the screen and you'll see where it isn't.. the only thing that is even a bit questionable is the two darker blocks in the bottom row... besides separating one of them to the top right i wouldn't change a thing!

Ariane said...

I think it looks great. I can't wait to see it all done.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh, he is going to love it!! wonderful job!!

Eila said...

Really beautiful! I look forward to what the finished work looks!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I think your color arrangement is wonderful! Looks great!

Valerie said...

Passing by... You asked about color balance --- when I visually divided the quilt on the diagonal (starting in the upper left and going down to the lower right) it seemed like there were a few more darker values on the bottom than the top. Beyond that, the bento is fabulous! I've wanted to take the plunge myself, but too many irons in the fire.

Unknown said...

It's a great quilt for your dad! Have you made any adjustments yet - or started assembling?