Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

Harvesting Joy

When does a hobby become a job?

That is what I am trying to figure out. I have the day off today. Today will be spent finishing up my spider webs. I have really enjoyed doing them. I also need to finish putting together my bento box quilt in the next few days and start on my Summer quilt swap. I love how the different projects push me in new directions, make me think and grow creatively. The part I am not sure about is the deadlines. I know deadlines are necessary and they definitely help to get things done. What I am not sure about and I try to walk a fine line about is creating so much stress that quilting or any other activity loses the fun. Too much stress equals less creativity. I feel as though I am on this constantly moving teeter-totter in quilting as well as life. Perfection is unobtainable, so how do you know when you have reached the summit? I did rejoin the bag swap. I really do want to make a bag, and without the swap it may have been months before I did one.

I got this beautiful wallhanging on my vacation. Tulips are my favourite flower. I am going to try to use its words of wisdom. It now hangs in my kitchen.



Today I am going to harvest joy and I hope you will to.


No comments: