Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Building Blocks

 

 

Here are a couple of blocks I made last week for my quilt guild. We will be swapping 4 blocks and then making something for them for June. I am in the brights and country group.



I realized on the weekend that it has been months since I have made something for myself. The weather here has been quite cold lately and I only have 2 quilts. I have been carrying them around the house like Linus. I decided to start something new for myself but it will actually be a wall-hanging. Here is a little peek.



These are my blocks for the potholder swap. I now need to quilt them.


 

  

For March's meeting of my guild, I have agreed to talk about online swaps. There are other guild members speaking, so I only have (thank goodness) 10 minutes to talk about it. I am hoping to get a few of my quilt tops together to be able to show them. If you have anything you wish you knew/want to share about online swaps I would love to hear from you.

10 comments:

Ariane said...

I love, love your potholder blocks. They are wonderful. I love the color combination. I am excited about the March meeting. I finally get to attend again. Yeah!!!

erica said...

Love the potholder blocks! Those should be great all quilted up..

Amy Friend said...

I love those potholder blocks! They look great! I can't wait to see them done too.

Angela Nash said...

Your potholders are amazing! They should become a whole quilt :)

For online swaps, you may want to mention the one where the blocks are cut but not sewn. I didn't do that one, but it sounded great.

Terry said...

Pretty blocks! Love the colors! :0)

Myra said...

Great blocks! Lovely fabrics! 8-)

Myra said...

Just out of curiosity, how are your PhDs coming along Michelle? I hope you are making the progress in finishing them as you had hoped!
Happy stitchings! 8-)

Quilter Kathy said...

Re: online swaps, I think it's really important to be open to lots of variations on whatever you receive, because people don't always follow the guidelines (re: colour or size) and sometimes it's a bit challenging to put the blocks together. But I have had some really positive experiences and really love my most recent red and aqua block swap quilt...the variety in the fabrics is amazing!

FabricandFlowers said...

Potholder blocks....fantastic. I was trying to think of a quick gift for a friend. You've inspired me!

Nanette Merrill said...

Love the potholders. So cute. I think this would be a good idea for a swap for our guild to make UFO blocks into potholders.