Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Good mail is easy to find!

I have had some great mail in the past few days.



Pincushion won from Calico Daisy. The stitching is exquisite.



Fat Quarters won from Krista. I love the ones she sent me and some of them are in colour palettes I have not used. It is going to be so fun to create with them.



 

  

 


My potholders from Rosebud Johnnies/Jessica. They are beautiful and she sent me wonderful things with them. I am scared to use them. I love the smiley face spoon. My daughter has decided it is hers for when she cooks.



Here is something that I hope will be good mail for someone; my submission to the potholder pass swap that I sent out last week.

 

I stayed up late last night to watch the Olympic dance skating, and it was incredible to watch. I am so proud that Virtue/Moir won the gold for Canada! All the athletes are amazing and it is fantastic to see the dedication and hard work pay off. I don't have to watch every 4 years though to see incredible talent. I see it on all of your blogs each day and I am amazed at what you do. You are all an inspiration! 


11 comments:

Bunny said...

Lucky girl I don't get nice mail like that. Have fun with your beautiful pressies.

Ariane said...

Wow! That is great mail. I also love the potholders you made. They look amazing.

Katy said...

Lucky lucky! I haven't ever won a bloggy giveaway...someday though! Wishing for great mail this week too!

Always,
Katy

Barb said...

Wow Michelle, what fun stuff you have gotten!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh I'd say you had some great mail. I love the fat quarters. and the pot holders you made will make someone very happy!

Mandy Noble said...

Hi Michelle, I received them in the post today!! I love them, thank you so much. I am now following your blog.

Carrie P. said...

What great stuff you got.
I love those blue and green pot holders.

CitricSugar said...

Gorgeous haul!!

As for the O's - I think I may have cried a little with every medal.... Especially Joannie. And I haven't watched figure-skating since Elvis retired...

Jandi said...

This is why I hardly ever stitch, nothing I do turns out quite that good. ha! I love the pot holders you made. I am sure your partner will love them!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Your pot holders are adorable. What do you put inside of them as far as batting goes? My great aunt used to make them and lined them with denim from old jeans. Thanks! Jenn

Nanette Merrill said...

You are a winner Michelle. Love all the sweet things.