Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Sew & Tell


Here is finally, my finished quilt for my friend who retired in December. The pattern is Strip Search by  Gudrun Erla , but I did not think that would be a good name to name it. I have decided to call it Walking Down the Garden Path. It was easy to make, and definitely one I would be willingly to make again sometime. This is also #3 for my PHD Challenge with Myra. #4 is at the quilter's and I have been working on the last four.  I have this linked up to Amy's Sew and Tell Fridays. If you have a finish, you can put a link and also see what other people have done.




I am also hoping to be able to participate in tonight's Friday Night Sew In. I would love to be able to get my zig-zag quilt top finished. Come and join me, and we can virtually sew together!

14 comments:

Myra said...

Looks great Michelle! Love it! I've marked it down as a finish for the PhD list! Good for you! You go girl! 8-)

I'll just head back to DD1's wedding quilt... My PhDs are still sitting there waiting for me... patiently... 8-)

Happy stitchings to you!

Leslie said...

that looks great...so beautiful and intricate

Barb said...

What a wonderful quilts!!

Paulette said...

I love the strip piecing on this and the way it gives the quilt motion. Very pretty, deep colors!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh gosh it is beautiful, I love your fabrics, I am sure she will be thrilled!

Michelle said...

What a beautiful quilt! I love the color combination you have chosen, and the design is so intriguing. Your friend is a lucky gal. :-)

Carla said...

That is a great name for the quilt. I'm sure your friend is going to treasure it. It's also a great quilt pattern.
Thanks for sharing!

sewfunquilts said...

Great job..love the colors.

Karen said...

Lovely quilt. What a generous lady you are. The pattern looks intricate.

Dayna said...

All of you ladies are making me want to start quilting again!

Heather said...

What a beautiful quilt! Love the colors. You have one lucky friend there. ;o)

Kimberly Tripp said...

love it! what a fun pattern.

Millie said...

What a beautiful quilt...love the colors and thanks for the show and tell.

Rene' said...

Michelle, this is a beautiful quilt. I'm sure your fiend will love it. Thanks for sharing!