Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

School Days


Well, school is almost done with and my School Days quilt top is done just in time. Each time I finish up with a quilt I think this is my favourite, until I move on to the next one. I love, love the zigzag pattern and am definitely going to be making myself one. I love to how each border fabric is different. The fabric is called Chaking it Up to Success. It has been sent off to the quilter's and will soon be going to a soon to be born sweet baby.

I have started on my hand quilting adventure. I hand quilted years ago but was also doing hand piecing as well. I did not like the hand piecing so I ended up stopping both. Thanks to Ariane I have started it again. Right now I am working on my tulip table runner. When I will get a ways with it I will show you.

11 comments:

Angela Nash said...

Love that pattern with the school prints! It reminds me of the boarders teachers put up in their rooms.

Nanette Merrill said...

I love the fabric and it is perfect in the zig zag pattern. Wonderfully done. I want to reach inside my monitor and steal it!

Michelle said...

What a sweet gift!

Jocelyn said...

Very cool quilt!

Barb said...

Just love it!!

Lee D said...

looks great. perfect for a wee one!

Ariane said...

It looks great!! I really have to try this pattern out! Love it!!!

Unknown said...

very sweet zigzag quilt! and i'm so glad you're trying hand-quilting. it takes patience but it's so worth it!

Marjorie said...

So pleased that you are returning to hand piecing & quilting.

Mary Johnson said...

This is too cute! I always leave my finished tops or quilts out for a while so I can admire them too. Like you, each one seems to be my favorite at least for a while.

Quilter Kathy said...

This is a great quilt...the border is perfect!