Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Empty Quilt Syndrome


All these quilts have been given away in the past couple of months. I have no more quilts waiting to be given away. Some of them I have had for a bit. I am nervous about mailing quilts so I waited until they could be hand delivered. One of the nicest compliments I have had is when I went to a friend's house and saw the quilt I made for her all crumpled up on the couch. You could tell it was being used. I have only one quilt top waiting to decide if I am going to put a border on it and one at the quilter's. What is a girl to do? I guess it is time to get back to quilting and make some more quilts. The house does seem a bit emptier without them around.



This is my block I made for the July Sew Modern Bee. Nicole wanted circles. She said the blocks would be used to make baby quilts, so circles made me think of snowmen, one of my favourite things. I have never made circles before and it was fun to try out a couple of new techniques.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

how did this happen? you definitely need a new project! :)

Linda said...

Hi I'm also a Ontario quilter.
I'm in the process of a dresden runner. First one. Your blog caught my eye . I'll be back soon.

Barb said...

I can't imagine having all my tops finished....you are totally with IT!!

Marjorie said...

You're not alone. I can't bring myself to mail quilts either. Besides, the joy of giving a quilt is seeing the reaction of the recipient. Although, now that I've delivered the 5 quilts this summer, I have at least that many projects in various stages. LOL.

Peggy said...

Wow - how does a person get there - good for you.

Quilter Kathy said...

How did you make your circles?
Got any tips for me?!?

Em said...

You are so giving!!!! I too love when I see a quilt I have created be used! Happy qulting to you, Em