Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sew Cal Gal's Christmas Quilt Show


Here is my entry for Sew Cal Gal's Christmas Quilt Show.







I pieced the blocks this summer as part of the Star Sampler Quilt Along by Bradie Sparrow of QuiltCetera. I had gotten some of the fabric as a fat quarter bundle of corals and aquas from the Have a Very Sheri Berry Holiday last year for my birthday. I was unsure what to do with it, until I find out that line also had some really cute Christmas/Winter fabric with it. This is going to be my Christmas gift to myself. Right now, it is at the quilter's. I am tempted to put it away until Christmas when it comes back, but I don't know if I can wait that long.  There are many incredible quilts in the show, so go have a look and there is still time to enter one of your own.

20 comments:

amy smart said...

This is so sweet. I love that Sherry Berry Christmas line from last year.

Ariane said...

I love this quilt!!! You did so great with it. It will make such a great Christmas quilt for you. Love it!!!

Quiltbenaco said...

I colori sono stupendi
Grazie
Ciao Domenica

Carol said...

Very pretty sampler quilt.
I think I would be unable to wait till Christmas to use it :)

Lisa at Sun Naturals said...

Very pretty! It's a present to yourself....I say put it out asap so you can enjoy it longer!

Linda in Calif. said...

Oh Beautiful!! I think you show keep it out a least for a little while and enjoy it.

Lois said...

Nope, not to be put away. you know when it gets back from quilters you will want it out for viewing and snuggling. Too pretty to put away. Love colors. Love Lois

Nanbon44 said...

wonderful quilt, thank you for sharing

Joanna said...

You won't have to wait that long to use it. It's so pretty, and I love the fabric.

Darlene said...

Very, very sweet! I love it.

Karen said...

Great quilt. The colours work so well in this design. Good luck saving it until Christmas.

Teresa said...

So bright & cheerful!! Love to colors.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle, Love your blog! I just wanted to let you know that you won the "O Christmas Tree" magazine and wook kit! Congratulations! Will you email me to give me your address? Paula

Nancy Sue said...

Oh, yeah, I remember Bradie's quilt along going on over the summer. It is wonderful!! A perfect christmas quilt!!Thank you for taking the time to post this and share with us.

SewCalGal said...

What a beautiful quilt and great gift to yourself. Just delightful.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Nina Marie said...

oh this is pretty!! I love sampler quilts!

Pat said...

Very pretty! Don't wait until Christmas - use it right away!

QuiltSue said...

It's a very pretty quilt in lovely soft colours.

Kim said...

Looks like "visions of sugarplums"
dancing across the quilt.....lovely and soft.

Happy Sewing

Kim said...

Beautiful Christmas quilt. Love the pastel colors.