Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Design Wall Monday



Last week I was reading Nicole's blog post about her Kitchen Sink quilt from Kim Brackett's Scrap Basket Surprises. When I looked at her blocks they reminded of some extra pieces I had left over from an "accident". I got them out this weekend and started to play with them.  My pieces are at a different angle and a different size but I love the pattern they are creating. I have Kim's book and there are so many quilts in there that I want to make. I am definitely going to be adding to this one and making a quilt out of it. Check out what other people have on their Design Wall!

5 comments:

Chris said...

Your blocks are making a great pattern. Amazing what we can find in the scrap bin :)

Barb said...

I love what is on your design wall...

Angie in SoCal said...

Cute blocks looking like whirly gigs.

Myra said...

Bits and pieces from errors, and orphan blocks can create some wonderful quilty goodness! I like your pieces and how they look on your wall Michelle! 8-)

Unknown said...

very pretty! have you tried mixing the colours up, just to see what multi-coloured whirlygigs look like?