Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Work In Progress Wednesday

I have been picking away at my UFO's and started on my UFO for October.

Mountain Mystery



Mountain Mystery

I have done a few more of my mountains. Only 18 more blocks to make. I would definitely love to see this together by winter.



Plan C



I kept changing my mind about my Tulip UFO which is my UFO for October. I was not happy with my original design, and so I found a different one that used smaller 4 patches. Part of my problem was that I had bought charm packs, and the edges were pinked and the squares were smaller than 5 inches, which made them too small for some of the patterns I was looking at. Finally I decided on a third pattern, ironically Plan C by Carrie Nelson from her Schnibbles Times Two book. It calls for even smaller 4 patches, so everything is much better now. The original idea was to make a lap quilt for myself, but now I like the idea much better of making it into a wall quilt.



Circles

A new project I started was working on some circles with my leftover 5 inch squares from some quilts I made. I have never made circles before and it is going better than I thought. I have tried pinning, and not pinning and I have found that the not pinning works better for me. I do need to get some tweezers to help me at the end. I am using Elisa's Back Porch Designs circle templates. She has some good tutorials on her website, and I have found how to cut the circle templates to be very helpful.

Please check out what others are working on at Lee's Work in Progress Wednesdays.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

I love all the fabrics you're working with this week. :)

Ariane said...

I love all your projects. I missed you at the meeting tonight. You won a prize for the summer block challenge.