Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Frustration

CIMG0476 


Who knew the look of frustration could look so good? Tuesday, I was absolutely frustrated with my Doll Quilt. I had some nice compliments on what I was working on, but I was not happy with it. I kept changing my mind all weekend about what I wanted which is part of the reason I worked on my Love Is instead. Tuesday night, I decided I had enough, and started something completely different. I went to my first love, the Dresden Plate. Once I had it sewn together, I put it on my turquoise Kona cotton and an AHA moment happened. I was reminded of a school trip I had taken this year to an art museum with my daughter. One of the things that was talked about was positive versus negative space. The children got to paint 2 pictures using this technique. I started thinking about using the turquoise as the background, and everything fell into place, I hope. I started working again on my Doll Quilt this morning, and I am thrilled so far. The Dresden Plate, I have set aside and will use it for something else.