Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

March UFO Challenge

 Valentine's Wall Hanging



Let's see, how am I doing so far on the UFO Challenges 0-2. That actually is okay with me. I knew the first six months of the year would be busy with other quilting projects, including my guild show and possibly teaching. I also got hooked on knitting socks so some of my time has been devoted to that. I have spent a good portion of each month so far working on those UFO, and seeing much progress has made me happy.


Love Is






Now we come to the UFO for March -#8, Love Is. For this I have a huge confession to make, one I was hoping not to have to, but the time has come. I have lost the first four blocks. I have no idea where they have gone to, and I have searched and searched. Though my quilting room can become scattered at times, I do keep my projects all together and everything is well organized except for my scraps. My quilting walls are in the basement, and my sewing room is upstairs and somewhere in between the blocks have disappeared. This is the only reason that this project is still a UFO, because I kept hoping I would find them. The dazzling, amazing Darlene of Quilting Daze got me started on redwork, and it was she who helped me a great deal with this project. I think I will take one more look around and if not, I will make the blocks again. I find redwork to be very calming and soothing. That feels so good to get that off of my chest.  Check out what others were able to accomplish at Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

CitricSugar said...

Don't you hate it when that happens? I'm usually quite organized and yet I've misplaced more things that the Bermuda Triangle.

I hope you find your blocks, or enjoy remaking them.

Quilter Kathy said...

I really hate it when that happens! As soon as I make replacements, the originals show up! LOL

Unknown said...

Man that is really annoying. I hate misplacing stuff but it does happen... Best of luck finding those sly little blocks Michelle!