Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

TNT - Teaching


This past week I spent some time teaching teenagers how to quilt. It was a lot of fun, and a great experience. I decided to focus on paper piecing, and the students made a hot pad for Mother's Day. I talked a bit about colour, and value, the importance of lights and darks, and the scale of the prints. They all seemed to be very appreciative, and happy that they had a finished product at the end. I have always enjoyed working with teenagers, and I look forward to more teaching in the future. I am linking to Trying New Things Thursday at Happy Quilting.

4 comments:

Melissa Corry said...

That is so awesome that you are sharing your love of quilting!! And to teenagers no less!!

Ariane said...

That is so great!! Sounds like fun!!

CitricSugar said...

How fun is that! I was invited out to a small town school last week to show a 11/12 home ec class my teacher quilt. They are just starting their quilts (half were boys) and were really interested.

I hope you have more opportunities to share quilting like that. Totally cool.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I think that's a lovely new thing to have tried and I expect the Mums were thrilled. Your hot pad is really pretty :)