Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Adrift



I have been adrift for a while now. After my quilt show in June, I took a break, and was not sure what to do next. I usually pick one or two summer projects and I thought this year, I might work on my UFOs. Then this week, when I started to get things organized, I read about a quilt along organized by Nicole of Sister's Choice Qults, Thelma of Cupcakes 'n' Daisies and Lisa of Stashmaster  for the Spools pattern by Camille of Thimble Blossoms. I love that it is a go along at your own pace, do what you want quilt along. What was also great was the fact that the pattern was available in PDF.  I bought it yesterday, but have yet to decide what fabrics I will use to make with it.






I also had been playing around with some fabrics, and realized they would be perfect for the Chopsticks pattern that I had won from Julie of Jaybird Quilts. I went to my LQS yesterday, picked up a triangle ruler, which turned out to be a bit smaller than I needed, so I adjusted the pattern and today I started cutting out fabrics. It is fast and easy, and a great way to showcase those big, bold prints. I ended up eating really late because I was so involved in the project, and now I need to run some errands, though I have no interest in doing so. Ironically my horoscope says "At some point during the day you might find yourself involved in a project that piques your interest far more than usual. You could throw yourself more deeply into it than is necessary now. Take care that it doesn't distract you from what needs to be done."















It is great to be anchored again!


8 comments:

CitricSugar said...

Your chopsticks look great! I read the requirements for that pattern - the ruler is HUGE - I'm looking forward to your scaled down version.

It's no fun feeling lost project-wise. Glad you've got your mojo back!

M-R Charbonneau said...

Love your colour choices. I've been looking for that ruler everywhere. Did you find it at Quilt & Stitch in Kingston?

Ariane said...

Those two patterns look great! I can't wait to see your versions! The fabric you chose for chopsticks is gorgeous!! Love your blocks so far!!

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Envy You Michelle! The pattern with the spools look awesome and can't wait to see what you'll make with it. Did you need a bigger than 12" ruler for the chopsticks? Really?? Your fabrics look sooo pretty! I might just put this quilt on my to-do list! :)

Darlene said...

You're going to love making the spools pattern. It's really cute. Can't wait to see your fabric selection.

Chopsticks is fabulous, Michelle.

Terry said...

I have that spools pattern but I haven't started it yet. I didn't know there was a quilt along for it.

mascanlon said...

Love the fabrics and Chopsticks is a great pattern. I like to support my local shops too but ended up getting it online from Sew Thankful. Now you've motivated me to pull out the fabric and start cutting!

Deb said...

Love what you've done with Chopsticks so far, can't wait to see it completed. I also bought the spools pattern a few weeks ago but haven't been able to decide on what fabric to use!