Pages

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Travel Back in Time Thursday

I thought it would be fun to travel back and time and update you on a post from a few years ago. On October 20, 2009 I talked about this block and how it was going to become a quilt for my brother.




It never happened. I was making a quilt for my sister too at the time, and I needed something faster. This is what my brother ended up with:

 

From what I can tell it has been well used and loved. The fabric that I bought for my brother's quilt turned into this:
 Jacob's Ladder 

I started on a few of these blocks, but I found it lacking something. Those fabrics turned into this:

ZigZag Quilt
 
I realized the blues need something to lighten them up so I added the lighter blue. The blocks for this quilt which I designed are all done, and I am ashamed to say they have sat untouched for almost a year. I think this will be on my list for next year. Well, it has been fun traveling back in time with you. To me, one of the wonderful things about blogging is seeing what I was intending years ago, and how things became.  Join me, and travel back in time, sometime with your blog! It's a lot of fun!

2 comments:

M-R Charbonneau said...

Great idea! I have some WIPs/UFOs that I haven't pulled out in ages either.

CitricSugar said...

That's a fun idea! I might have to try that…

I once took three years on a quilt and have one in storage that I'm still working on (almost a decade now…) so untouched for a year is okay. :-)