Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Study in Purple



 A Study in Purple

  
I have been wanting for a long time to make a quilt from one of Kim Brackett's books and I finally got the chance to make one for a friend. The one I chose is Scrap Basket Blues from her Scrap-Basket Surprises book, but I am calling mine A Study in Purple. This is another stash project, and I must say I am becoming more impressed with the stash I have. I do like purple quite a bit, and it has been fun going through all my purples and remembering where they came from.

Linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced and The Needle and Thread Network.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love everything purple. This is beautiful.

Monica said...

So this is where all the purple has gone! I realized a few months ago that I have almost no purple in my fabric stash, and yesterday I found that I have the same problem in my embroidery thread stash!

I guess it is an excuse to do some more shopping!

Terry said...

The purple is going to look so good! :0)

Ariane said...

It's looking great!! Love these colors!!

CapitolaQuilter said...

Love stash quilts and I have to say purple is my smallest amount of scraps - unlike blue and green that spill over. Study Up :)