Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Measure Twice, Cut Once or Twice!




I started working on these log cabins in November, at my quilting retreat. When I got home I put away and just took it out again in July. Many of the blocks were wonky and when I took a closer look I realized that I had not cut a lot of the logs correctly. I had already made a note to myself for next time not to do a bunch of cutting at a quilting retreat and now I had proof. I had enough fabric left over that I decided to start all over. I will find a use for my other blocks; I am thinking about using them for the backing.

Linking up to Work In Progress Wednesday!

2 comments:

CitricSugar said...

Been there. Quilting retreats and cutting or anything that involves a modicum of concentration while all those quilty shenanigans are going on..... :)

Maybe they can be saved with a little trimming?

M-R Charbonneau said...

I've done that too! Isn't it annoying? It's looking good though!