Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Happiness Is a Kaleidoscope




I am so happy! I get to start on a new quilt since I finished my Autumn Moons quilt top. I have really liked the Kaleidoscope quilt block since I did a block for it for my Bee Beautiful group 6 years ago. Now I get to make one for myself using fabric my son purchased for me. I am using the Marco Polo pattern for the layout of the quilt because I like how the blocks are used to make an inner border. I had a couple of ideas for the diamond shapes which are formed which is why I have not squared off the blocks yet.

Happiness also is having a wonderful husband. I showed him the first block I had made for it, and he said great points! That is one of the best compliments a quilter can get. We just recently celebrated our 20th anniversary and they have been filled with love, and for him, having to/choosing to attend many quilt shows with me! I am very lucky!






Linking to Linky Tuesday and WIP Wednesday.

3 comments:

Pam @ Quilting Fun said...

A great start! I always love starting a new project, have fun!

Run 'n Stitch said...

Lovely! I am inspired to get my kaleidoscope ruler out. I haven't used it since the '90's.

Leanne Parsons said...

That's a beautiful quilt start! Starting something new is always exciting :)